Easy and Simple Capsicum Gravy Recipe goes very well with chapati, rice, dosa and even with rice.
Capsicum is one of the healthiest vegetables, with low calories, but it has many health benefits. Therefore, it is recommended to use them regularly.
I have made the gravy using only green Capsicums but even it can be prepared with the combination of 3 color Capsicum(red, yellow and green) which taste good as per your preference.
Here I added the fried Groundnut powder to the Capsicum Gravy, normally in North Karnataka and Andhra you can see the usage most and it tastes yummy.
I prepared this curry and all of my family liked it so much. Capsicum masala, a spicy recipe is very easy to prepare.
Capsicums are often used in sauce dishes to add flavor and spiciness. They can be used to prepare a delicious masala gravy/curry to accompany chapati, roti or phulka, etc..
How To Prepare Capsicum Gravy/Curry?
To prepare Capsicum gravy you can follow simple steps shown below either watch video or text as per your preference, please try it and comment on your experience of taste.
Ingredients Required for Capsicum Gravy Recipe
- 3 Chopped Big Size Capsicum
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
- Dry Coconut Powder
- 6 tsp Oil
- 75 gm Groundnut Powder(fried & pealed)
- 1/4 tsp Jeera
- 2-3 Chopped Green Chilies
- Salt as per taste
Instructions To Prepare Capsicum Gravy
1. Pour Oil to the Pan, add Jeera and fry a little and then add Onions and fry it well
2. Now add Green Chilies and Chopped Capsicum(half boil for 5 min)
3. Pour 1 glass of water to the mixture and leave it to boil
4. After it boils add Dry Coconut Powder, Coriander Seeds Powder, Salt, and Groundnut Powder and mix it well
5. Add half more glass of water(as per your consistency for gravy)
6. Leave it for 1 boil and switch off the stove.
Now Capsicum Gravy is ready to serve with Chapati, Roti, Phulka, White Rice, Etc.
- You can even add one Chopped Apple Tomato and fry along with Onions( it gives a good taste)
- You can also add 3 colored Capsicum for this gravy(Optional)
Also Read: How to prepare Cabbage Curry Recipe