Mobile Marketing is a technique used to reach the audience and engage by offering various products and services with a specific objective like building Brand, Sales, etc.. through SMS & MMS, Mobile apps, E-Mail, Push notifications and Websites.
Websites like e-commerce, blogging, Ngo, businesses, and job sites will benefit the most from Mobile Marketing.
Why Mobile Marketing is Effective Today?
Everything you do in the desktop is now at your fingertips since you can now access the same desktop features on mobile phones, such as opening emails, buying & selling online, and more.
Mobile users are growing every year because of the growing population and addictiveness to the various social networking apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
The early morning starts with the opening of social networking apps and it never ends till they sleep, even while sleeping in between the people wake up and check the updates that much it has become addictive hence, the businesses saw the opportunity to promote where the people spend more time.
The Behavior of a Mobile User
Many studies explain the behavior of a Mobile User by saying that the average attention span of a user on Mobile is very low, because of more competition in engaging the audience there is a lot of distractions likes people receive notifications, ads, msg, and more…
The Maximum Time people give attention to a particular visual or a post is 10 Seconds, hence creating a Mobile Landing page, Infographics, or any other attention-grabbing method helps to grab attention with attractive design.
Even today, the concept of black and white can be used to draw attention, because when scrolling a lot of contents in a mobile phone, we must change the pattern that gives a different look from the rest.
But there is a problem that the people resist filling web forms on mobile phones because half of the words hide from the screen when a long word typed.
People are more Call Friendly on Mobile Phone, hence clickable phone numbers become an extremely important part of Mobile Landing Pages.
How to Make a Phone Number clickable on the landing page?
a) We need to create a link using HTML code.
b) You need to put this code in the coded area including your phone number usually, people put a button format to ease the audience to click and call.
Example: <a href=”tel:7838489791”>7838489791</a>
Mobile Responsive Websites v/s Dedicated Mobile Websites
Decisions on how to ensure that users have a good experience when visiting your website on a mobile device are fundamental to the mobile approach.
It is very important because more than 50% of searches are coming from mobile devices and tablets.
Mobile Responsive Websites
The same website created for desktop works for Mobile as well but you need one of the following steps to be followed:
* You need a Responsive theme or Responsive Coding.
* If no responsive theme in WordPress then use plugin Wp Tap or use Wptouch.
* Non-Wordpress Website can use Mofuse if not responsive to create a Mobile Responsive version.
Dedicated Mobile Websites
Dedicated Websites, for example, https://m.jaborejob.com and design short pages for it and then with the help of a coder we would have a redirect according to the Screen Size of the Visitor.
Normally, it is done via .htaccess file (Coders know this, and can be found in Cpanel => File Manager, make sure you checkmark show hidden files)
And then we can apply a rule there, if Screen < (Width * Height) px, then redirect to https://m.jaborejob.com (which is specially designed pages for mobile users only).
How to get m.jaborejob.com?
To get m.jaborejob.com – we have to use a subdomain that can be created in cpanel.
How to Create a Mobile Application?
Question – If you are a startup then what is an efficient option, a mobile website or a Mobile Application?
Answer – App, in the beginning, is not a good idea and the reason for it is that there is a lot of expenditure on Mobile Applications
* We have to develop the app, let’s say we make a good one by spending 1,00,000 rupees
* We would need 2 versions bare minimum, one an Android and another ios version, so this becomes 2 * 1,00,000 = Rs 2,00,000
* App Downloads – 10,000 downloads in a local city averaging at Rs.35 per Install (Cost of Advertising) leading to 3,50,000 INR
* On an average, a user would have 10-15 application on their phone, but peeps don’t use all 10 every day or rather they don’t use some apps at all so we would need to run Re-Engagement Ads to these inactive installers because if they don’t use my app then there is no benefit to the business.
So we need to run engagement ads showcasing new features, discount coupons and other luring things to get the user back to use our application! Again advertising cost and expenditure.!
You can also use push notifications to re-engage the user like One signal plugin in WordPress.
There are 4 different ways to Create an Application!
1. Hire a coder/developer and give them your blueprint and get it done.
2. We can make a basic application with the help of CMS app makers like como app maker – https://my.swiftic.com/discovery SAS platform at monthly recurring fees.
3. Go to chupamobile.com and chose an app template and further we could get the changes done via a coder or a freelancer on upwork.com
4. We can use something like all app press and create our website into an application with one click! (http://sales.allapppress.com/)
Upload it to the iOS store or Google Play Store
2. For Apple – the developer registration fee is 100$ per year and for Google Play Store there is a one-time fee of 25$.
3. Then you have to prepare your app graphics like banners promotional videos and any other graphic required.
4. Now you can submit your application for review, once reviewed your app would be live on iOS or Android Store.
You can Advertise through these following Ad networks in an effective way.
* Airpush (Minimum Deposit – 50$)
* Google Adwords
a) Go to your analytics account.
b) Add a Segment called Mobile Traffic (It would pre-exist in segment list)
c) Now browse entire analytics for mobile traffic analysis.
There are 2 types of messages which can be sent to mobile phones.
a) Non-DND (Commercial or Promotional Messages)
Promotional – Learn ADMTP to enhance your skills and get a promotion. Call 8800290309 for more information!
b) DND + NON-DND both numbers (Transactional Messages)
Transactional (They are used to convey some information like your order is out for delivery, we have received your order)
Database to which we would send these messages.
* Collect the database from your web forms, landing pages,
* Buy the database from data brokers (Event Managers, People who conduct IIT, IIM exams)
Panel – http://enterprise.smsgupshup.com
1,00,000 SMS @ 9000 Rs + 15% Service Tax
Gupshup, lot of Bulk SMS providers (3 paise per SMS)
a) Upload the database in the panel
b) Draft your promotional message
c) Shoot a message with a call to action
Call to Actions like – Give a Missed Call or you can send a Google short URL (goo.gl)
160 characters !!